Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mother's Day is next week!


Mother's Day is just around the corner.  Here are two completely different styles, but I love them both.  The Rich Razzleberry scallop frame is such a pretty contrast to the softness of the Mellow Moss card.  Those adorable butterflies were made using the Beautiful Wings embosslit and add just the perfect tough to complement the floral design.  Of course, the little Rich Razzleberry polka dot ribbon knot is the perfect accent to finish the card.
The next card is softer, but has a few little surprises.  Some of the flowers on this gorgeous vintage floral spray were cut out and popped up to give it more dimension.  Even a few of the leaves were popped up as well. A touch of glitter makes everything special and it was used sparingly here, but still adds a little panache.  The entire design was watercolored and my favorite color combination of Cameo Coral and Blush Blossom was used to add just the right touch of color on the flowers.  A length of Very Vanilla Satin ribbon was tied just above the scalloped border after some Soft Suede speckles were spritzed over the face of the card. Did you see the dew drop on some of the leaves?  Crystal Effects were used to add just a drop of moisture.  I hope this makes a special mom feel special.  Happy Mother's Day!                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the world. I've worked in a lot of different industries in my life, mostly sales and management and now I am enjoying just gleaning the most out of life that I can.