Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ooh, La La! French Foliage and Letterpress are tres jolie!


The new letterpress plates are so easy to use and make great projects.  Now, you're supposed to ink up the plate using craft ink, but you know I have to make up my own rules as I go, sooooo......   I ran Sahara Sand cardstock through the Big Shot using the Lots of Love letterpress plate (120983 for $7.95), then used Crumb Cake ink to gently brayer over the resulting image.  I then used the Bigz Top Note Die to cut out the image attached to the front of the card.  And don't you love the little pearls on the heart?  (119247, $4.95 for 150 of them!) 
Ooh, la la!  I think French Foliage (121166 clear for $14.95) is one of my new favorites from the Holiday Mini Catalog this year.  I added the element of "vintage" by using the new Distressing Essentials Kit (118762), but the fun part was creating a shimmering effect by mixing equal parts of Champagne Mist shimmer paint (116806) and Classic ink refills like More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Soft Suede.  The mixtures were painted onto the stamps using a watercolor brush, then stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  See close up image below for detail.   I then used the Tea Stain ink spot to drag across the cardstock and to accent the torn edges.  And isn't the Victoria Lace (118481 $6.95) so pretty?   Of course, I had to use one of the new Antique Brads (117273 $5.95) to attach a saying from Just Believe (120453 clear $25.95).  Everything was then attached to a Cajun Crazy cardstock that had been stamped with Cajun Crazy ink and En Francais background stamp.  All in all, I think it turned out rather well.  I have a special someone to send it to, so we'll see how she likes it. 



Here's a close-up to try to show the shimmer effect of the paint mixtures.  It really doesn't do it justice, but this is such a fun technique that you really should try. 

That's my post for today.  I'm still trying to get all my stuff moved into their proper places, but my craft room is now useable and I just couldn't resist spending some time with my stamps today.  I hope you enjoyed the projects I created. 

                                                                                          Creatively yours,
                                                                                                               ~Sandy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the world. I've worked in a lot of different industries in my life, mostly sales and management and now I am enjoying just gleaning the most out of life that I can.