Thursday, September 30, 2010

My new garden....

Last weekend I went to Sears with my grandson, TJ.  We picked out an awesome new mattress/box spring set for him.  After concluding our purchase, we were browsing through the store and I found an AeroGarden on the clearance rack.  Well, while I was visiting Denver a couple of years ago, one of the restaurants had all these wonderful herbs and greens growing in AeroGardens in the window.  I was amazed and in awe.  See, I do not have a green thumb.  Every plant I bring home, my husband just calls the "next victim".  Seriously, I even killed the silk plants! 
But I saw this AeroGarden with it's little box of herb seeds and it said all I had to do was add water.  How hard can it be, right?  So I bought my AeroGarden and carted it home with visions of lush green vegetation growing in it within a matter of weeks. I was so excited!  So much so that I couldn't sleep.  On Sunday morning, I got up around 4:00 a.m., read the instructions as I assembled the AeroGarden and 'planted' my herbs of basil, thyme, dill, parsley, purple basil, mint and chives.  I added the correct amount of water and nutrients just like it said in the booklet, I popped in the little pots of seeds and covered them with their tiny little bio-domes and I wait. 

On day 3, I see the tiniest little sprouts of Thyme!  I am absolutely thrilled beyond belief.  Something is actually growing in there!!!  Ecstasy! 

On day 4, there is a basil plant emerging!  I jump for joy!  Basil!!!  I quickly texted my husband.  His smartass reply:  "It's time to make sauce!" 








Today is day 5.  The Thyme is now officially peeking out over the top of the little container.  There are several little seedlings now, all clamoring for freedom.  The Basil plant has a pair of leaves and has nearly reached the top of the pot.  Maybe by bedtime tonight.  Close examination has revealed a Chive plant has sprung from it's little seed and is trying to make it's way up toward the light.  There are also little tiny green specks (could they be little leaves) showing in the soil of the Mint pot.    And maybe the dill is starting to sprout!!  I will keep you posted as they grow.  Now I know how Jack felt when that beanstalk sprouted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the world. I've worked in a lot of different industries in my life, mostly sales and management and now I am enjoying just gleaning the most out of life that I can.