Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to all our October babies...and a few in late September

This is the card I sent to my sister, Linda.  I won't tell you how old she is, but she's 2 1/2 years younger than me.  Needless to say, we spent a lot of time together growing up.  Oh, the stories we could tell you.  Happy Birthday, Little Sis.

Not a birthday card, but I sent this card to all my friends and relatives who have fought breast cancer.  All very strong women, so the verse inside is a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt, "A woman is like a tea bag.  You never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water."  Breast cancer is some pretty hot water, but kudos for all of those who have fought and survived! 

My sweet niece, Rebecca loves coming to Florida and visiting the beach, so I couldn't resist sending this cute little "gel" card.  Yes, that's a little bag filled with blue hair gel in front of the starfish to give it that "watery" look.  The sand on the front is from our local beach.  I ran down to the beach one morning, scooped up a little container of sand which also had all those tiny shells and pieces of shells in it.  "Snappy Birthday, Becca!" 

I host a library group each month and it's fun to come up with new projects.  However, at my group, I teach them a new technique each month and they have to design their own projects.  Recently, I subbed for a friend who has a group at another library.  She designs the projects and provides EVERYTHING for them to make all the projects.  Anyway, these are the 3 projects I did for her group.  They all seemed to like the variety of techniques and projects.   I had fun and hope to visit with them again soon.   Thanks to the ladies at the Palm Bay library!  By the way, some of us did eat some of that candy corn.  Who could resist??  I love that stuff and it's healthy....made from honey.  :-)
 . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the world. I've worked in a lot of different industries in my life, mostly sales and management and now I am enjoying just gleaning the most out of life that I can.