Saturday, October 16, 2010

I wonder why they call it "One Sheet Wonder"?

It's been a while since I taught a class using this pattern, but I really enjoyed making the projects to show.  I made a few modifications from the original style of this technique.  I used to pre-stamp an entire sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock, then cut it apart, but this time, I cut first, then stamped each piece.  I think I like this way better.  It took me about 2 hours to completely create and assemble all 15 projects, but I had so much fun.  I shared this technique with my library group, giving each attendee a printed pattern and some ideas for completing the individual projects. 

My second One Sheet Wonder project uses a different color scheme and stamp set, but basically, the same pieces.  To the 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of cardstock, I added 2 sheets of 12x12 textured cardstock, a few embellishments and a lot of fun. 


I made this little baby card for my friend, Lisa.  She just became a grandmother for the first time.  Always an exciting event.  It's a blend of old and new:  a retired wheel was used to make the laundry line of clothes and the texture of the card front was made using the Square Lattice embossing folder and Big Shot.  Over the "laundry", I glued a 'previously utilized' dryer sheet for a baby-soft effect.  A trick I learned from a gal in my downline.  Thanks, Dottie!   Congrats to the parents and family of little E.J.  Babies are always such a blessing.....

And speaking of babies, here are two of my adorable grandchildren, 5 year old Noah and 1 year old Kailey.  They went to a country pumpkin patch with Mommy and Daddy who shared some wonderful photos of the whole experience.  Look at those faces.  Aren't they just the sweetest? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the world. I've worked in a lot of different industries in my life, mostly sales and management and now I am enjoying just gleaning the most out of life that I can.