Thursday, October 14, 2010

How does my garden grow???

So, I've been asked about my garden.  I posted details a couple of weeks ago about how I purchased an AeroGarden and planted some herbs.  After 2 weeks almost all of the herbs have sprouted and are growing well, except the purple basil. 

The Italian Basil is doing extremely well.  A few more days and I can harvest some of the larger leaves.  Just in time for sauce on Sunday?

The chives are getting taller and since I took this picture, one of the seed pods finally fell off.   They are also nearly ready to begin the first 'harvest' or trimming.  Baked potatoes with sour cream and chives!

The dill is going wild!  As you can see, it tried to attack the camera during shooting.  Baked fish with butter and dill? 

The mint is lovely.  Also beginning to get fragrant.  I don't like mint juleps, so perhaps some mint tea. 

The thyme was the first to sprout and is growing very well.  This is ready to pick now.  I need to take off some of the top leaves to allow the smaller ones to get some light.  Thyme is good in so many things.

....and then there's the purple basil.  I took the dome off for a peek inside.  I don't see anything in there but mud.  Don't think this one is going to be productive.  But I will be patient. 
So that's my 2 week update.  It's really fun to watch the progress each morning.  Check back later to see how my garden is growing.  Who knows?  I may have a green thumb after all.  Thanks for visiting my blog.  Have a great day! 


Sandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the world. I've worked in a lot of different industries in my life, mostly sales and management and now I am enjoying just gleaning the most out of life that I can.