Monday, September 6, 2010

Miss me?

I just realized that I haven't posted anything for a while.  Well, life has been super busy (isn't it always?) and I just haven't taken the time to catch up.  In case you're wondering, I decided to make several changes in my life.  I accepted a new position and I'm very excited about it, so that has had the majority of my attention lately.  I quit my part-time job and although I will miss my co-workers, I do enjoy the feeling of less stress. 
I also decided that since I will be working from home now, I needed a more comfortable work atmosphere where I can focus on my work.  Thus, I decided to switch my craft room and my current office spaces.  Now if you have ever seen either of these spaces you must be thinking, "What?  What is she thinking?"  or as my husband said, "Impossible!  It can't be done!" 

So, with that said, I started to pack up all my craft supplies - a daunting and sometimes overwhelming task - and empty the contents of the new office into my dining room.  I moved 2 of my larger bookcases into the small soon-to-be craft room and filled them with necessary stamping supplies.  The smaller bookcase will hold other supplies and magazines and the tiny closet contains my scrapbooking supplies.  Now, at this point, I think I should mention that the small space is only 7'X7' and the closet is actually tiny - only 19 inches wide and 24 inches deep - but perfect for shelves of 12x12 papers and supplies. 

The new office is being painted by my beloved nephew.  My husband nearly freaked when he saw the color (can you guess what it is?) but I love it.  Unfortunately, I will have to move everything out again when the new flooring is installed, but that will be the easy part.  I have a huge computer desk that takes up most of the wall in the small room that must be moved to the new office.  The hard part will be getting it OUT of the small space and INTO the larger space.  I love my house, but there is an angled hallway between these two rooms. 

As I plan to utilize the vertical space in my new craft space, I have decided it would be a moot point to paint the walls there, so I will just leave them the pale blue-- for now.  I may change my mind later.  Probably.  But the flooring in there will also be replaced, so I have a few days to decide.  Either way, I'm very excited about my tiny new craft space.  I know that sounds ridiculous, but downsizing my space will force me to get organized and stay organized and hopefully prevent me from hoarding unnecessary supplies, as I have done for years. 

Now for the really difficult part:  I have to get rid of a LOT of stuff!  I am currently storing as much as possible until our neighborhood garage sale in February, but I will be hosting an inventory clearance sale once my rooms are done.  I didn't take "before" pictures, but I will post the "after" pictures when the rooms are complete.  Check back later for the results.  My targeted completion date is October 10th.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Happiness to you!

Sandy

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the world. I've worked in a lot of different industries in my life, mostly sales and management and now I am enjoying just gleaning the most out of life that I can.