Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What would you do with this???



This past Saturday we had our Ink Flamingos team meeting.  I gave each attendee an assignment based on the color combinations and stamp suggestions on page 5 of the new Idea Book & Catalog.  Each person dipped into the martini glass to pull out her assignment.  Well, there were a few groans and a few giggles, but they met the challenge head-on and created some beautiful projects.  Dottie drew "Traditional Christmas" and used Elements of Style for her first project.  That was too easy for her so she stretched her imagination and reached well outside her comfort zone for the 2nd project using the Vintage combination with Circle Circus.  Wow!  Great job, Dottie! 
Next is Cheryl.  She drew "Sweet Baby" and Animal Stories.  Now, Cheryl is a grandmother and loves to scrapbook, so this was a great choice for her and she proved how creative she is by incorporating some Designer Series Paper and the Square Lattice embossing folder to create a 6x6 scrapbook page.  I know she will put that to good use.     
Julia had a tough one.  Because my daughter wants a bicycle for her birthday, I put together the "Birthday Bash" colors and Pedaling Past from the current mini catalog.  But Julia took the challenge and created a wonderful card full of color, texture and fun.  I really like how she incorporated the cogs from the Cogs XL punch.  Maybe I'll dust off my bike and take a ride.....someday.




   Isn't this card cute?  Angel was thrilled when the stamp set she chose was Tropical Party and the color combo was Build-A-Bear.  So her.  This card actually matched the shirt she was wearing.  The 2nd project was so colorful and creative....just like Angel.   

 Now for our mother-daughter team:  Daphne chose "Vintage" colors of Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red and Basic Black to use with Artistic Etchings.  I love all of that, but the card she made was stunning. 


Daughter, Melissa inherited her mother's creativity, but has her own sense of style.  I've always liked her style.  Melissa chose "Halloween" and From the Crypt.  Talk about creative!!  Yikes!  So, with no advanced planning on their parts, a limited supply of products and only their own imaginations, my team members proved how they became successful creative coaches and an inspiration to myself and others.  Well done, Ladies.  Well done.

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Welcome to my little corner of the world. I've worked in a lot of different industries in my life, mostly sales and management and now I am enjoying just gleaning the most out of life that I can.